Another pen of fumed eucalyptus and maple with a thin piece of the eucalyptus running the length of the lower section mimicking the ink.
I made these two, rather simple pens out of tiger wood to test a new (to me) gluing method.
I still like them. Also, the glue seems to work better than what I was using.
One of my plans for my pens is to make a series, much like artist do. Specifically, I’d like to start with a basic design and then do ten variations on that theme. This will be my first attempt. The assembled pen is layers of maple and fumed eucalyptus.
con’t below the picture.
Anyway, one the second pen, I made the maple slices thinner and then on the third pen I ran a thin layer of the eucalyptus. We’ll see how they turn. And what more designs I can some up with.
I was originally going to call them Oreo pens but a friend called it Betelgeuse after the movie character. I liked that better but went with the German spelling because I’m difficult like that.